Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Blah Blah Blah


This is going to be a complaining blog entry. Abbi is in the hospital and I can't stand it. I want to be there with her. I hate reading on her blog that she has to blink to respond. She has Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome caused from pneumonia. Man I love that girl. Please pray for her.

Here's my problem. Everyday I want to start a new project. I am totally out of control. I started a mobile about 3 months ago (not finished), I started making a dress about 2 months ago (not finished), I started a quilt that for some reason I thought I needed to stitch by hand (not finished). Why do I do this to myself? The new rule is I CANNOT start another project until these things are done. The sad thing is the mobile and dress are probably only a few hours from being completed but do you think that makes me want to finish them? The other sad thing is I haven't been working on any real artwork just stupid crafts that my baby will barf on. Here's my other problem. I am completely afraid of anything getting dingy. If it looks at all dingy I immediately try to dye it. This rarely works. It almost always turns into a tye dyed disaster. so then what do I do. I think oh I'll just stitch something over the ugly parts. But then what do I do, I think oh now the piece seems unbalanced, I better stitch all over to balance things out. Then what do I do? Then I step back and look at whatever thing I've made and think oh that looks like a piece of stinkin crap and then I throw it in the closet and don't finish it but I know I'll probably work on it later because I can't stop thinking about how it used to look cute before I washed it with the darks and it became dingy and now it looks like a freakin clown came to town and got into my stuff and barfed all over it. So today I'm going to work on the quilt.

3 comments:

daisy said...

I just thought of something that you started and you WILL finish. She may come out a little dingy but don't worry a wipe and then a nice bath will take care of that. No need to dye. She will be perfect. Better than any art piece that can even be imagined. And you were/are the artist.... okay you had and will have a little help from Alex. I can't wait to meet her.

Tolly & Lennon said...

Man...I'm glad I'm not you. I don't stitch ANYTHING.

I HAVE been starting books lately and not finishing them. It's not my fault they suck that bad.

Abbigail said...

Kath,
I wish you could have been at the hospital with me when I was in a coma. I probably would have healed instantly! ;) Now, I want to be with you... I am waiting anxiously for baby news.
I have about 100 projects unfinished too. Give yourself time to get back to art. you just had a major show and now you are becoming a Mom and that is a serious change in your life. trust me I know.... but I did it all at once. insane.